Friday, September 11, 2009

Goal Settings

My personal goals basically are to have a job I enjoy doing and to grow as a designer as well as a person while in the work force. Ultimately, I’d love to have a job where I can be a stay at home mom (when the time comes) and no rely on my significant other fully for financial support. By completing the DGD program, I’m hoping to achieve various skills in the industry to make me a valuable employee to any firm so my opinions aren’t limited.

My greatest source of inspiration would have to be nature and all the wonders that are tucked away deep in the mountains. For instance, the way it keeps developing to the various eco systems; true it may be a bit slow, but eventually evolution does occur. Or there are, Nurse Trees that are old, dying, rotting stumps that give life to new trees (or moss) because it’s bountiful in nutrients from the rot. Another favorite of mine is water. It’s constantly moving in some way or another, craving its way threw to any path or just trying to find a new way to get around an obstacle. When I'm in serious trouble, I look towards the various types of youth I work with. Always full of ideas that are constantly changing the world around us.

At the end of the program I’m hoping to be an advanced user of CSS and be able to manipulate a few of the CSS Zen Garden files available, if not create my own. I think it would be pretty monumental if going into either Illustrator or Photoshop was just a second instinct or next to (scanning in an image and taking it up and beyond what is possible). Having a broad idea of the international market and what to be aware of would be a great achievement. I’d also like to be able to run with Apple Script and html like a second language would have achieved a good part of my goals in the DGD program. Also to leave with a portfolio that will appeal to a company and possibly land myself a job would be a big plus.

3 comments:

  1. I have the same way of thinking, it is so important to feel that as an employee you are valuable, and is even better what you mention about your option's being limited. That is so true and if you are good and value doors will always be open for you anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear your thoughts on inspiration. I'm sure you will find ways to incorporate this into your work.
    p.s I'm sure you'll be a CSS guru by the end of this course, and be building your own Zen Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I love it how we want to become working moms. I also like how you mentioned that art is like a continuous cycle through representation of nature and trees. If you have that mind-set, I don't think you'd have a creative block.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.