Friday, September 18, 2009

Scale (I think)

I believe Scale is my element, I've lost my actual strip that says. Here we go in high hopes!

So, I have put up both of my examples of my shape explorations. Threw the Cannon and hearts, i believe by using the growing hearts, it looks as though they are actually moving. Or I can hope. With the Fleur de Lee to me it's almost as iff they are disappearing the background (I recalled this technique from grade 3/4 with sillouettes). I'm not overly impressed with my shamrock, but what can you do? I'm hoping that I meet the objectives of the assignment and that at least one piece of mine demonstrates the element (Fleur de Lee!). After completing the first (the Fleur and Shamrocks) I went and did a secondary image. I wasn't overly sure how it would work, but I'm happy with it. Threw using this element I learned about how to add depth to my work as well as using a variety of tools.
I quiet enjoyed this assignment. Led to some pretty interesting ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Kimberly. I think you've done a good job here. Certainly on the right track. The increase of size of the objects does give the sense of forward movement. My only real point of contention has nothing to do with how you approached the assignment. The real problem is the thumbnail you posted is kinda small and hard to see. I can't click to enlarge it either so that makes things difficult on my little laptop monitor here at home.
    One suggestion that could help in the future for adding depth would be overlap of the objects. I know, things can get muddled together. The solution to that can be a change in value. I guess technically those are two seperate assignments. Scale was my topic as well, but I posted the version with value incorporated. Those elements co-exist so closely it sees almost wrong to try and seperate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jason for letting me know about the thumbnail. When I tested it, the nail opened up a new window for full view. Odd that it doesn't work now. No idea how to fix it either. :(
    I had two others for value, but I wasn't exactly sure which would be more appropiate to post. I just went with this set just because it seemed to fit the description more acturately. I'll go back and try the over lapping idea with the value element added. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.