Sunday, October 25, 2009

Solitaire Miles


My next artist that I found is Solitaire Miles.
"This is a combination of Photomanipulation and Digital painting done in Photoshop with a Wacom Graphic Tablet.I was watching some children play outside the other day and they were just leaping and jumping all around for the joy of just freeing their bodies and moving. I can remember when I was 4 or 5 and I would just sprint down the block or do jumping jacks for no other reason except that I was filled with energy and felt happy to just be alive. I don't jump so often now, but this is a good reminder to never forget to just jump a little bit now and then, no matter how old you are "
I find that such a simple event (the seeing the children) drew out such a beautiful illustration. Most of her work is much the same (the ones that are digital at least). I found that she did it with a wacom amazing, but at the same time, it makes sense. It's got a painting type of a feeling. The piece that caught my eye was actually the flowers and the little girls hair. At first I thought the girl was masked into the image. Now I'm not exactly sure. Maybe a filter has been put onto the girl to blend her in more? Either way, I love this piece. Thumbs up for Solitaire Miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.